[tg] Traffic Generator: UTP server question

Barbara Denny b_a_denny at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 28 15:10:07 PDT 2006

hi,

Hum....you might have found a bug.  I've never waited
for tg to "timeout" on the receive side of a udp
stream. I'll need to look at that.

I have noticed that the behavior of tg has changed
slightly with linux. Sending a TERM or INT signal
to the process should cause the process to die and
the log to be written out.  It doesn't do that and
I can't see any "bug" in the software so I need to
do some more debugging.  (If anyone else has had
problems with redirecting a signal to a new
handler under linux, let me know. That appears to
be the problem here).

As a work around I suggest the following, use the
-f switch (for flush) when you start your client
so the data will not be buffered.  Then manually
kill the tg process on the receive side with a
USR1 or kill signal after the send side is done.

Hope this "solution" is satisfactory for you.

barbara

--- "Andro Galinovic (ZG/ETK/DR)"