[tg] Traffic Generator: UTP server question

Andro Galinovic (ZG/ETK/DR) andro.galinovic at ericsson.com
Fri Jul 28 01:48:29 PDT 2006

Hi.

     I'm using your traffic generator (ver. 2.0) and I have a problem.
My setup is simple:  a server with configuration:

on 0:25 udp 0.0.0.0.4400 server
at 1.1 wait

and a client with configuration:

on 0:25 udp 0.0.0.0.4300 127.0.0.1.4400
at 5 setup
at 6 arrival exponential 0.01 0.0001 1 length 500
time 10

    The problem is this, after the client ends and makes a connection
tear down the server keeps running and waiting for new data. I know that
this is because of the nature of UDP and the fact that 'recvfrom' in
line 267 of the prot_dgram.c never returns 0. I've noticed that there is
a time out (by default a very, very long timeout) but after which the
log file isn't ended the way it should be. So when a use gengraph.pl a
get an "Error: premature end of file" error!
    Is there a fix?

thx a lot

--

                                        Andro