[sigcomm] Sigcomm Asia

Joe Touch touch at ISI.EDU
Tue Nov 14 11:37:58 PST 2006

Nicolas Christin wrote:
> Jen,
>
> That sounds great. Are there any other regional activities going on,
> or planned, besides the organization of the Asia workshop?

Sigcomm has a variety of current mechanisms intended to increase
international participation:

   - rotate the Sigcomm conference outside North America

	Sigcomm began in 1975, and for its first 15 years was in NA
	Since 1991 in Zurich, it has rotated US-east, US-west, EU
	and starting in 2007 it rotates US, EU, 'other'
	where 'other' is global (and our first venture is Kyoto)

   - develop regional workshops and conferences

	notably	the Sigcomm Latin America workshop and Sigcomm Asia

   - support global representation at the Sigcomm conference

	notably through the GeoDiversity travel grant program

All are noted on our Sigcomm web pages. This list (sigcomm at postel.org)
would be a great place to discuss other ideas as well.

Joe