[tg] about usage of dcat

Barbara Denny b_a_denny at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 11:27:03 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am glad you are giving tg a try. I wanted
to clarify that the square backets [] mean
that the switch/flag is optional.  So to
use the -a option, the command is dcat -a filename.
Please make sure the file exists and you are
giving the correct path if it is not in your current
working directory. You can also try the Unix command
od with the -c switch (i.e. od -c) to try to see if
the output file has been corrupted somehow.  This
file should begin with some ascii text.  I also tested
whether the -i and -o option work in tg.  They
did for me.  Unless you tell me otherwise,
I am assuming it is because you included the
brackets when you gave the command which is
incorrect.  If it still doesn't work, please tell
me what O.S you are trying to use.

barbara