[tg] TG + Pareto Distribution ?

Hugues VAN PETEGHEM hvp at info.fundp.ac.be
Wed Apr 14 00:03:43 PDT 2004

Hi everybody,

My name is Hugues VAN PETEGHEM and I'm a PhD researcher in the third
generation of mobile communication : the UMTS. I tried yesterday to subscribe
to your mailing list, but I didn't received any answer yet.

Anyway, here is the situation. I'm simulating a specific third generation
traffic (between the mobile phones and their RNC) using 'tg'. I use the
exponential distribution but I have to use and other distribution too :  the
Pareto one. So here are my questions :

- Is their any implementation of the Pareto distribution in 'tg' enable or
must I code it myself ?
- Is it possible to introduce a distribution (such as exponential) as
argument of a "wait" ?

Thanking you in advance, best regards :

PS : Are they any known issues about  the interaction of 'tg' and the IP
fragmentation ?
--
Hugues VAN PETEGHEM
Institut d'Informatique - FUNDP