[tg] TG process idle

Rafter, Marcel MRafter@Vianetworks.com
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 18:14:52 -0000

Hello TG people,

Thank you all for your help so far. I have a new problem today. I have setup TG running on three servers (two FreeBSD, one Linux) and have scheduled cron jobs to start tg processes at different times of the day and night. The TG sinks are also sent up and receiving the traffic fine. One of the FreeBSD servers is causing problems. The TG programs are started by cron correctly and the TG scripts run and they start to send data correctly. The problem is that after a small amount of time (between 1 and 15 minutes) the TG processes just stop sending data. They can still be seen as Idle using Unix commands "top" or "ps". Using the "truss" command show no system calls at all. The log files show no errors and just display the last data they sent. This happens to 6 out of 7 on the TG scripts configured. The scripts are set to run for 12 hours and I display one below:

on 5:10
tcp 192.168.1.2.1433
at 1 setup
at 2 arrival exponential 0.2 length exponential 576
time 43200

Any ideas?

Thanks
Marcel