[tg] Time passed error

Barbara Denny b_a_denny@yahoo.com
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:06:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

My memory is foggy but I believe the problem has
to do with  there isn't enough time between when
tg starts to parse the script and notes the time
and when it finishes and tries to do something.
The best way to prevent this is to lengthen the
time from 30 seconds to a larger value.  I agree
it is hard to believe 30 seconds isn't enough time
but I haven't tried to use cron in conjunction
with tg.  Is cron really that precise in when
it executes programs? (Or are you starting multiple
instances of tg on the same machine so it might
cross the 30 second boundary in the meantime?
I believe the meaning of 30 seconds is on the next 30
second boundary run this script, not 30 seconds
from now run this script)

barbara