[tg] A question

Venkata Pingali pingali@ISI.EDU
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 13:19:45 -0800 (PST)

> Hi all,
>
> I have just started to use tg in our tesbed. I would
> like to know is there any version that can work in
> Windows OS, or is there any way we can make current
> version work in Windows OS. This is because we have a
> network which includes some windows hosts.

Unfortunately we have not built/tested on windows. The code itself is very
portable. So may you could possibly use gnu cygwin.

> A second question: in tg, the log file in sender and
> receiver can be used by graphing tools. I would like
> to have some measurement in the routers that connects
> many senders and receivers such as dropped rate, BW
> usage, delay.  Can anybody suggest any tools, or a
> solution?

TG is an end-to-end tool and does not measure/use any information from
the router. You could use it to create load and/or measure delay
along paths.

It will definitely help to look at the SNMP Router MIBS because they
provide a lot of statistical information that can be read out using many
publicly available SNMP tools.

Venkata

Venkata