[sigcomm] sig/eurosig/asiasig?

Greg Minshall minshall at acm.org
Wed Mar 22 07:15:06 PST 2006

Craig,

you are pretty far ahead of me.  i took Nick's interesting suggestion as the
beginning of a discussion on this list.  i figured that at the end, if a group
of people were convinced this was a good idea, then would be the time to
formulate a way of polling the membership at large.

my take is that this is worth discussing.  maybe have each of the three happen
every 18 months, roughly spring and (early) fall, so there would be two
events, roughly 6 months apart, each year.

i'm not sure Eurosys is a good model, as my understanding when i was at SOSP
is that it isn't really intended to be a "EuroSOSP".  but, maybe i just didn't
catch that.

but, i'd be interested in hearing about the crypto community's experiences
with *Crypto, how long they've been doing each, etc.

(an alternative i see is that NSDI "grows up" into a very strong conference,
held each year in the US, and that this "allows" SIGCOMM to have a 3 year
rotation: North America, Asia, Europe [note that i'm on the NSDI steering
committee].)

cheers, Greg