[sigcomm] attendance policies for SIGCOMM-affiliated events

Larry Peterson llp at CS.Princeton.EDU
Wed Oct 26 02:16:33 PDT 2005

I didn't mean to cut off debate, but just to focus it on what
I saw to be the two alternatives.

You're right that people could have differences of opinion in
reaching the two alternatives I suggest, but the main issue in
that chain that I see is whether there is value in a limited
attendance workshop. I don't know that I've seen anyone argue
against that position. (Arguing that all SIG events should be
open is a different position, and one that I certainly recognize).

Larry