[sigcomm] attendance policies for SIGCOMM-affiliated events

Christophe Diot christophe.diot at thomson.net
Sat Nov 5 05:40:05 PST 2005

2 comments:

- you might want to make a differenciation between limited attendance and
selected attendance. IMW was limited (FCFS with priority to authors) and hotnet
is selected (PC chairs chose the participants). I am in favor of not allowing at
all the selected attendance workshop.

- writing the motivation will only convince those who want to be convinced. can
you imagine someone writting: the goal is to create a clickish workshop ... :-)
you can find the best politically correct writing, selected attendance will
always look clickish.

- we need to mention if the exec committee can decide not to support a closed
attendance workshop.