[e2e] end2end-interest Digest, Vol 25, Issue 26

Fred Baker fred at cisco.com
Mon Mar 27 08:47:14 PST 2006

If you're interested in maintaining connections, then why would you
not use SCTP? SCTP allows you to maintain an overall connection and
then do fast transaction-like sessions at will within the context.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2960.txt
2960 Stream Control Transmission Protocol. R. Stewart, Q. Xie, K.
      Morneault, C. Sharp, H. Schwarzbauer, T. Taylor, I. Rytina, M.
Kalla,
      L. Zhang, V. Paxson. October 2000. (Format: TXT=297757 bytes)
      (Updated by RFC3309) (Status: PROPOSED STANDARD)

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3257.txt
3257 Stream Control Transmission Protocol Applicability Statement. L.
      Coene. April 2002. (Format: TXT=24198 bytes) (Status:
INFORMATIONAL)

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3286.txt
3286 An Introduction to the Stream Control Transmission Protocol
      (SCTP). L. Ong, J. Yoakum. May 2002. (Format: TXT=22644 bytes)