[tg] Traffic Generator: UTP server question

Andro Galinovic (ZG/ETK/DR) andro.galinovic at ericsson.com
Mon Jul 31 01:23:21 PDT 2006

Hi

What do you meed "you can specify a time literal after the wait command
in the receive side script"?
If I have a receiver side script :
on 0:25 udp 0.0.0.0.4400 server
at 1.1 wait
than tg enters wait state 1.1. s after the start time synchronization
boundary, if I'm not mistaken. Can I specify and say "wait for x seconds
and than die"?

To answer your question ("how long it took for tg to shutdown on its
own?") the answer is very long... in the line 1052 of the file tg.y the
timeout is specified with a  absolute time "cur_tg->stop_before.tv_sec =
0x7fffffff;" which represent some time in the year 2038. As I said in my
previous e-mail I added two lines which make the timeout 30 seconds from
the current time every time there's nothing more to read i.e. recvfrom
returns < 0  and with errno == EWOULDBLOCK.
That seems to fork fine, for now :)

                           Andro