[tg] traffic via multiple interfaces

Barbara Denny b_a_denny@yahoo.com
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:55:26 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

TG just uses  sockets.  I don't know if
you are trying to reach the same destination
or each stream goes to a different destination.
If it is to a different destination,  you
could think about setting static routes to each
destination using the appropriate interface.
When TG was written I don't remember being able to
bind a particular socket to an outgoing interface.  I
haven't looked at sockets in quite awhile so I don't
know  if functionality like that exists now in case
you actually want to go the same destination.

Oh yes, if the kernel supports ToS/QoS/DiffServ
routing, you might be able to play some games there.
Each stream would have a different DiffServ/Tos/Qos
value that maps to the "right" interface based on
what routing gave you.  Unfortunately, I haven't
had the time to keep up what is really offered here.

hope this helps,
barbara

--- "D. G" <graith@hotmail.com> wrote:

hi all.

i was wonddering if it is possible to specify which
network interface is used when tg is activated.

ie I want to send 2 streams.

the first via NIC1 and the second via another network
card on the same computer.

any help much apreciated.

regards
dp