[sigcomm] Towards a SIGCOMM education community

Olivier Bonaventure Olivier.Bonaventure at uclouvain.be
Thu Jun 10 11:43:42 PDT 2010

Dear All,

In 2002, an ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Computer Networking: Curriculum
Designs and Educational Challenges was organized to discuss about the
different approaches to organise a networking course. Since then,
networking has continued to grow and besides an introductory networking
course, university programmes often include advanced courses, seminars
or special labs.  Networking educators prepare lots of teaching material
for these courses. Some of them spent countless hours to prepare
detailed slides, collect reference papers or prepare labs or exercises.
Unfortunately, many of these educational resources are often only used
within a single university...

To allow members of our community to share their educational resources,
we launch a new interactive web site on

	http://education.sigcomm.org

We encourage you to actively contribute to the SIGCOMM education
community through this website by :

1. If you are a teacher or teaching assistant, you can post links to
educational resources such as slides, exercices, lab experiments,
bibliographies or pointers to tutorial papers, video or recordings of
courses or seminars

2. If you are a student, researcher, network professional or teacher,
read the educational resources linked on the web site, tag, rank
and comment on them through the web site.

To bootstrap the website, we sollicit first education resources that are
appropriate for a first networking course at the undergraduate or
graduate levels. We will issue later calls for education material that
is suitable for advanced courses.

Suggestions and comments are of course welcome.

Olivier Bonaventure