[sigcomm] double blind

Craig Partridge craig at aland.bbn.com
Tue May 9 12:40:03 PDT 2006

Hi Fred:

Thanks for sending the pointer to the double blind study.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure it says what the authors say it does.  (Part
of my problem is that it isn't clear what the fractional statistics measure.
The claim is that they represent the fraction of papers from 28 prolific
authors -- but the fraction is sometimes above 1.0 [so it isn't a proper
fraction] yet is too small to be a percentage.  They've also got a challenge
with a moving base (i.e. the number of papers accepted is not constant
and they don't report the number of submissions, so it gets a bit hard
to try to normalize figures).

So I'm not convinced.

Craig