[sigcomm] Health of Conferences Committee

Jennifer Rexford jrex at CS.Princeton.EDU
Tue Jun 6 19:45:32 PDT 2006

Hi folks,

ACM has been collecting information from each of the SIGs on best/innovative
practices in organizing conferences.  A Wiki at

   <http://wiki.acm.org/healthcc> http://wiki.acm.org/healthcc

posts the results.  You can add/edit the information via the Wiki.  Details
below...

-- Jen

  _____

From: SIG Chairs [mailto:SIG-CHAIRS at LISTSERV.ACM.ORG] On Behalf Of Donna
Baglio
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 1:50 PM
To: SIG-CHAIRS at LISTSERV.ACM.ORG
Subject: Health of Conferences Committee

Dear SIG and Conference Leaders,

The ACM/IEEE CS Health of Conferences ad hoc committee has completed their
charge. With the help of the SIG leadership we have collected the best and
most innovative practices from conferences organizers related to how they
are dealing with a continually increasing number of submissions. The
information collected has been posted here http://
<http://wiki.acm.org/healthcc> wiki.acm.org/healthcc.

As a conference/SIG leader, you are being asked to review the wiki and
provide input on your most recent experiences. The value of the information
collected will increase as the dialogue continues. Thank you for the data
you have already provided. We certainly hope you'll continue the information
sharing and use this wiki as a resource in your conference community.

To add comments, simply click on an item in "Let's Talk About Selected
Ideas", (e.g, "Talk: Tracking Reviews) and read instructions at the top of
the page for appending your views (and optionally name) to the wiki. You do
not need a password to edit. We encourage you to distribute the information
to your committees and members.

Sincerely,

Mark Hill, Chair

Joe Marks, ACM representative

Mary Hall, ACM representative

Jean-Luc Gaudiot, IEEE CS representative

Paolo Prinetto, IEEE CS representative

Donna Baglio, ACM staff liaison

Donna Baglio

Director, SIG Services