[sigcomm] CCR shadow reviewing for students and junior faculties

Christophe Diot christophe.diot at thomson.net
Sat Nov 19 02:04:47 PST 2005

At the last CCR editor's meeting, we decided to put together a parallel
reviewing process where (in short) PhD students and junior faculties could
choose papers to review among CCR submissions.

The rule to participate would be similar to the one used last year for the
shadow PC: be a PhD student or be a recent faculty who has never been involved
in a conference TPC.

The idea is that these "shadow" reviews would be checked by the editor in charge
of the paper and if they are good, be forwarded to the paper authors' with the
official reviews. The authors of the shadow review would receive the official
reviews together with the decision of the CCR editor.

We need a simple web page where reviewer candidates could register by research
interest, view submitted papers and select the one they want to review. the rest
of the process can be handled by email.

This email has 2 purposes:

- get comments (positive or negative) on this idea; and
- find a volunteer to develop the web page.

merci / christophe
--
Christophe Diot
Thomson Paris Research Lab