[e2e] performance of BIC-TCP, High-Speed-TCP, H-TCP etc

Lachlan Andrew lachlan.andrew at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 09:00:02 PDT 2006

On 28/09/06, Ted Faber <faber at isi.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 04:20:49PM -0700, Lachlan Andrew wrote:
> > Greetings all,
> >
> > Since many interested parties will be around LA for PFLDnet, how about
> > getting together after that (Friday 9 Feb) to re-run some of the
> > disputed tests on one set of hardware, with everyone present to debate
> > the results?
> >
> > You're all welcome to come to Caltech to do the testing.  We can
> > provide a few servers, dummynets and Gigabit switches.  Everyone is
> > welcome to bring their scripts, and any other hardware they need.
> >
> > If there is interest, we could also have things like a round-table
> > discussion of the benefits of testing with different file-length
> > distributions (like long lived flows to understand what is happening
> > vs a range of flows to test suitability for deployment), and the
> > benefits of repeating other people's tests vs testing in as many
> > scenarios as possible.
> >
> > Who is interested in coming?
>
> It might be easier to do this on DETER:
>
> http://www.isi.edu/deter
> http://www.isi.deterlab.net/doc.php3

Thanks for your input, Ted.  Caltech's WAN-in-Lab also allows a
reproducible collaborative environment that could be used before
and/or after the meeting, but I think it is useful having face-to-face
contact in addition to remote collaboration.

(I didn't mention WAN-in-Lab explicitly in the previous email, since
these experiments would probably not be using the optical links which
make WAN-in-Lab unique, but the remote access infrastructure could
still be used.)

Cheers,
Lachlan

--
Lachlan Andrew  Dept of Computer Science, Caltech
1200 E California Blvd, Mail Code 256-80, Pasadena CA 91125, USA