[e2e] Are Packet Trains / Packet Bursts a Problem in TCP?

Craig Partridge craig at aland.bbn.com
Mon Sep 25 12:23:26 PDT 2006

Hi Bob:

A team I was on showed you could do this a few years ago.  I no longer
remember all the details (Dennis Rockwell did the hard work with UNIX
timers) but it is probably in the paper:

    J. Kulik, R. Coulter, D. Rockwell and C. Partridge,
    "Paced TCP for High Delay-Bandwidth Networks,"
    IEEE Workshop on Satellite Based Information Systems,
    December 1999.

Craig