[e2e] IP options over e2e path

Xiaoming Fu fu at cs.uni-goettingen.de
Wed Mar 29 06:44:16 PST 2006

This is unfortunately (at least partially) happening: from measurements
done by ICIR/BBN colleagues,
http://www.icir.org/tbit/TCPevolution-Mar2005.pdf
over 70% connection requests with an unknown IP option were lost,
about 44% connections were broken if inserting the unknown IP option in
the middle of transfer.
Xiaoming