[e2e] 0% NAT - checkmating the disconnectors

David P. Reed dpreed at reed.com
Mon Mar 13 06:40:56 PST 2006

Note that in the commentary about "social compacts" below I was making
an analogy between the Internet compact and the AT&T-USGovt.  compact.
This analogy is, of course, limited.   In particular the counterparties
of the Internet compact are the set of all other Internet participants,
not the government.   The Internet is not an entity that fits within the
jurisdiction of the US Govt.   It transcends that boundary by its very
nature as a framework for cooperation.  Similarly English language
culture transcends the US Government (though the French seem to think
they define the French language by governmental fiat).