[e2e] Pipelining in HTTP connections

Spencer Dawkins sdawkins at cynetanetworks.com
Fri Jan 3 06:56:29 PST 2003

Hi, David,

This is not what we've seen in IE 6.0 - in the IE GUI, "HTTP/1.1" refers to the use of persistent connections, not just the use of HTTP/1.1 headers, and requests on "HTTP/1.1" connections are NOT pipelined.

No matter how much we wish they were.

In the Netscape 7.0 I've been using, persistent connections and pipelining are two separate settings (from "HTTP/1.1"), and pipelining has the desired effect, but is turned off by default.

Spencer